Company Girl Coffee 11.13.09 Day 13

company girl coffeeWelcome Company Girls! Come on in, kick off your shoes, and grab a toasty mug.  I’m so glad you stopped by.  Today I am home!  No gym, no piano practice, no swim practice, no grocery shopping just home.  Me and my untidy dirty but soon to be clean house.  Today I work on my house. I must clean this place or we’ll just have to move.  I feel like I’ve been going going going all week.  But for good reasons. I’ve been going to the gym, DD had a pilgrim play, book fair and Thanksgiving lunch at school.  I was involved in all three.  I’m being a good mom this week ;)  DS had a family cooking night with his school that we attended on Tuesday evening.  The kids have so much fun making things and “cooking”.  So this week has been full for me so my house has been overlooked and today is the day it gets some of my attention.

This Sunday will be mine and my hubby’s 12 anniversary.  We’ve lined up a sitter and we’re going out tomorrow night.  Not sure exactly but it will involve food, and  possibly a movie, live music, bookstore, coffee shop or some combination of the four.  I’m excited to have a date night with hubby, it’s been awhile.

I’ve also been WAY excited counting down the days to the “New Moon” midnight showing happening in just 6 days!!!  My Twihard gal pals and I have been planning our tailgating party.  :)  Yes we are total Twinerds and we’re proud!

Musing Mommies have been participating in NaBloPoMo and I’m proud to say we’re doing a great job blogging everyday.  It is challenging and I like it!  I’ve also been participating over at my personal “photography” blog, with a few actual text post thrown in here and there.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and healthy week.

~Kim

Hey there Company Girls!

Hope you all had a great week. Mine has been pretty uneventful.  The kids are driving me nuts as usual.  The baby learned how to climb up on our playscape to the slide platform, and in doing that he has given me mini heart attacks almost every day.

On Wednesday he had an unexplained fever most of the day.  I have no idea why, but hopefully it is not the start of anything.  I can’t handle an illness in the family right now.

Happy Anniversary to my cohost Kim! I wish you many more happy years!

Have a good weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
~Dawn

7 Comments to “Company Girl Coffee 11.13.09 Day 13”

1. Star says:

Wow, busy week…but to end up with a clean house and a date night is totally worth it! Hope you have fun!

2. Just stopping by from nablopomo to say hi from another mom!

3. Debbie says:

Thanks for the warm & toasty welcome. I’ve got my feet up (hope you don’t mind) and am enjoying myself.

Happy Anniversary!

Oh – baby can climb? That is just the one thing I was not prepared for in motherhood. The near heart attacks at their bravery and courage and impetuous natures… That’s why we mommies have coffee. =)

4. Cheryl says:

Thanks for the coffee. It DOES sound like a busy week for you. I’m looking forward to New Moon, too, but will pass on the midnight feature and just go the next morning. Enjoy your anniversary date!!

5. Joyce says:

Kim – Happy anniversary! Have a great time doing whatever. Your description of your house reminded me of that Shel Silverstein poem where the dishes piled to the ceiling, and because they ran out, they had to move. I have not read any of the Twilight books, but I heard they’re good.

Dawn – I just talking to my sister about pros and cons of every milestone of kids. I can’t imagine how parents of football players, boxers, even gymnasts, etc. feel.

6. LydiaCate says:

Ahh a clean house! Woohoo! Happy Anniversary too Kim! Hope you and your hubs had a great time on your date! It’s so hard to make time for those dates with all the other things going on in life!

Dawn-May the force be with you! A climbing baby is bound to make life a bit more interesting huh?! My first climbed before she walked!

Have a blessed weekend girls!
    LydiaCate

7. Rachel Anne says:

Happy Anniversary Kim! Way to go…hope you had a great date! You deserve some time together after a whirlwind week. I’ll bet it was crazy but fun.

Dawn, sorry for the heart attacks! You’ll probably get used to an elevated heart rate as a regular feature.