Musing Mommies Podcast Episode 89 {Personal Style}
Categories: Uncategorized

Musing Mommies Podcast Episode 89 Tuesday December 14th 2010

This week, Musing Mommies fashionistas Kim and Dawn tackle the subject of personal style.  The MuMos discuss the best places to shop, what looks great on any body type and what you need to do to create the perfect look for YOU.

uh…

Not really – Kim and Dawn need HELP!  Listen in as Kim discusses her shopping frustrations and her search for a personal style.  And as a bonus, Dawn reveals that she really, truly is a nut case. ;)

Until next time,
~Dawn and Kim

Please share us with your friends! We are on FacebookTwitteriTunesMiro, and on iPods and mp3 players around the world! We want to hear from you too, so contact us today and say HI!
Email: Kim or Dawn (at) musingmommies.com
Voicemail: 213-280-5327

Play

8 Comments to “Musing Mommies Podcast Episode 89 {Personal Style}”

1. Misty says:

Kim~~you mentioned being larger so I wanted to throw out some places I shop… Cato’s, Dress Barn, Fashion Bug, and Old Navy online. I agree w/ Dawn, basic pieces you can mix and match. I also <3 layering thin pieces. I don't have an actual style b/c I am such a mom. I am doing good to wear jeans and a nicer t-shirt. Just throwing out some ideas.

Farm fresh eggs are better. You must have gotten some duds. :p AM can tell the difference and refuses to eat non-fresh now. I bought some the other day and she was like WHAT is this?

2. Misty says:

Kim~~you mentioned being larger so I wanted to throw out some places I shop… Cato’s, Dress Barn, Fashion Bug, and Old Navy online. I agree w/ Dawn, basic pieces you can mix and match. I also <3 layering thin pieces. I don't have an actual style b/c I am such a mom. I am doing good to wear jeans and a nicer t-shirt most days. most days at home it's ON fleece sweats and a t-shirt…often a v-neck. ;) Just throwing out some shopping place ideas.

Farm fresh eggs are better to me. You must have gotten some duds. :p AM can tell the difference and refuses to eat non-fresh now. I bought some the other day and she was like WHAT is this? Did you not notice that the eggs were more yellow if you scramble them? If not I'd guess you got some older eggs. I went and got some straight from the coop Monday to feed the kids (after I wiped the chicken poop off of them) and they were delicious!

That RSVP issue you have Dawn…I have it too..different reasons, but same issue. And I don't mean to be mean either when I don't rsvp.

3. Julia says:

Farm fresh eggs do taste better! Scramble some HCF eggs and compare to the farm fresh ones, and the farm fresh ones have a “creamier” yolk. It’s really evident if you hard boil. :-) I love AY-ggs.

4. Julia says:

Oh yes, the orange-ier the yolks are, the creamier too and with less of that sulphur-funkiness.

5. Kim says:

Thanks Misty for the Shopping advice. I’m going to look into them and see what I like.
    maybe the scrambled eggs were a little fluffier maybe a little more yellow. But like I said, I’ve been buying organics so maybe I’ve been more accustomed to them.

6. Kim says:

I love AY-ggs too! So do most of my family. I’ll try to hard boil next time to see if I can tell a difference.

7. Melanie says:

I like to shop for classic basic pieces at Ann Taylor Loft and NY and Company and spend just a little more. I recently lost 50 lbs, but even at my heaviest (a size 16) I could still find things. If the store didn’t have my size, I would order online. Then I fill in trendy pieces from Old Navy, Target, and Kohls.
    Also, look at Target.com. They have a whole lot more than the stores do. Many major department stores have personal shopper services available. If you can find someone that can help you get your basics, than that is the biggest step!
    My sister also really likes Lane Bryant (she’s over a size 18), but says to stick to the front of the store. The further back you go, the more matronly it gets.
    I still want to dress in my old size and end up looking shlumpy. I told myself that when I loose my last 20 pounds, I’m going to treat myself to some really nice pieces of clothing as my reward!

8. Kim says:

Thank you Melanie! I appreciate your suggestions and your taking the time to post this!